Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Honoring Women's History Month pt. 2: Happy Hair by Mechal Renee Roe

In honor of women's history month, a celebration of children's books by black women authors.



Happy Hair by  Mechal Renee Roe
African American girls and their beautiful hair are celebrated in this bright, joyful read-together picture book that will have girls everywhere repeating the book's chorus: "I love being me!"

African American girls will love seeing strong, happy reflections of themselves in this vibrant, rhythmic picture book celebrating the diversity of beautiful black hair. From a cute crop to pom-pom puffs, adorable illustrations of girls with gorgeous braids, blowouts, and bantus grace each page, side by side with a call-and-response affirmation that will make girls cheer. It's a great read-aloud to promote self-esteem for girls of all ages, building and growing the foundation of self-love (and hair love!) and letting every girl know "You are made beautiful!"
Full 'fro, cute bow! I love being me! Smart girl, cool curls! I love being me! Ages 4-7

Buy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment